Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Healthy Halloween

I am soooo sick of Halloween candy and my son has not even gone trick-or-treating yet. I know, I know, all things in moderation. But, seriously some of this stuff is just nasty. I'm all for GOOD candy. Alas, he loves it ALL.

I wanted to post this healthy cookie recipe that was tasty and easy to spruce up for the festivities of a preschool Halloween party. It is from the new Sneaky Chef cookbook that is due out in December. The recipe is for Smores cookies and calls for regular marshmallows on top, but I replaced those with pumpkin marshmallows to suit the occasion. In all honesty, they would be much better with just plain marshmallows, maybe you could find colored marshmallows for the occasion.

Here is the link for the cookie recipe and here is the link to the Sneaky Chef website with some ideas for making your Halloween more active.




Also, here is another link to a blog that I follow on my sidebar that has some other healthy, but yummy treat options for Halloween.
Happy and safe trick-or-treating.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on the candy. We do not trick or treat. I just was not comfortable with it one year and stopped then I realized that I am probably more uncomfortable with the candy. Someone suggested, I just throw it away but then again, I am a recycle, reuse kind of girl and that bothered me. But cookies....now you are speaking my language!

    ReplyDelete