Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sticks

I am a big, no, HUGE fan of bacon, eggs and cheese almost as much as I am a fanatic about having a healthy breakfast. I am not such a big fan of the fat and calories associated with the above-mentioned foods, but know that in moderation I can enjoy and relish! So, this recipe is a great way to have my bacon, egg and cheese and sneak some healthy and convenient in along the way.

I found the recipe in the Sneaky Chef to the Rescue and tried it several months ago, but the outcome was dry and bland and I would not have recommended it to you as I made it then. But, after a little modification this recipe just won its place as one of my favorites. It even got the approval of my Mommy & Me aerobics class today. Still waiting on the husband and kid stamp of approval as I made this after our breakfast today. I will post the original recipe and my modifications. Some changes were made deliberately. Others were made out of convenience, such as I did not have buttermilk in the house, but used plain yogurt as a substitute.

These refrigerate for several days and can be frozen to enjoy as a hearty, healthy breakfast at a later date.
Photobucket

1 comment: