Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Puree Party

What's a puree party you ask?
Well, let me show you!
We took all of this beautiful, nutritious food and . . .


made these convenient bags of puree to use in "sneaky" recipes for our families.


We boiled,

(bonus, steam facial)

we steamed,

we processed,

we scooped,

and scooped,


we drank (these refreshing smoothies),


we bagged,


we counted,


and this is the "fruit" of our labor.


All of these bags of puree are able to be frozen and used at a moment's notice to add sneaky nutrition to any meal.
We also ate. What's a party without food? I made lots of samples of my sneaky recipes to share. Unfortunately, I was too busy eating to take any pictures of this part.
Sound like fun?
Wanna host your own puree party?
Let me know if you have any questions about hosting your own party. I would love to help. You can either leave a question in the comments section or email me at bdcannon@insightbb.com.
Wanna come to one of my puree parties?
Keep checking back here as I am trying to schedule some more parties and will link the sign-up form to my blog.
Did I mention that we had FUN!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Brandi....looks like so much fun. I'm hoping to attend one sometime if you are still doing them. The evenings are still a little unpredictable for us ;-) Take Care!! Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for my night :) Let me know if you need me to bring anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun. What a fabulous way to sneak in something good. I love your blog,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE pureeing veggies! I'll do it on a whim when something in the crisper drawer is getting a little flimsy. I cheat a little, by doing my own recipe (which changes every time), and I freeze mine in ice cube trays. Then, I put the cubes into a freezer bag and just pull out what I need.

    Here's a post I did on pureeing veggies:

    http://turnedloose.blogspot.com/2009/01/vegetable-puree.html

    It looks like you have it down to an art form, and I love the fruit of your labor!!

    ReplyDelete