Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday - No mess meatloaf


I love meatloaf. But, I certainly do not love mixing it up. If you are like me and don't like getting your hands dirty or cleaning up the mixing bowl later, then try placing all ingredients in a sealed plastic bag and smash/mush/smash/mush until the meatloaf is completely mixed.
Then, place in pan to cook. Toss the bag!

Also, I never just make one batch of anything. If I am going to make the mess then I might as well make it really big. This past weekend I made my favorite meatloaf recipe x 8.

Even if you don't have a ton of freezer space at least double the recipe so that you have dinner tonight and one to freeze for another night.

Another reason I love meatloaf, is that with this super healthy and tasty recipe I turned 8 pounds of lean ground beef and turkey into 16 pounds of meatloaf. Not only am I stretching the budget, but I am sneaking healthy ingredients such as old-fashioned oats, wheat germ and pureed broccoli, spinach and peas into dinner.
Don't forget to hop on over to Tammy's Recipes to check out more kitchen tips.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Personally, I love smushing the meatloaf with my fingers.....ok....maybe not LOVE, but I don't mind! Great tip though! And the recipe is DELICIOUS!!! Got some in my freezer....sounds like a plan for dinner tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo-hoo! Eight meals! Can I sign you up to bring a meal for our church food service?! ;)

    ReplyDelete