Thursday, May 21, 2009

FRENCH FRIES!!

Who loves french fries? I DO! I DO!

Here are a couple of recipes for yummy french fries. One is made with white potatoes and the other with sweet potatoes. Both are delicious!!

The white potato recipe is basically a twist on steak fries. We enjoyed them with seasoned salt, but I also think they would be tasty with kosher salt and cracked black pepper or maybe with greek seasoning.

My friend Ashley forwarded me the sweet potato recipe that her kids and husband all loved. We tried them last week and they magically disappeared! My mother-in-law recommended leaving the skin on them so that they will stick together better. I think I would like them even better if they were a little crispy. Any suggestions? I'll let you know what I figure out!

Also, when you coat the potatoes, place them in a large ziploc bag for easier clean-up!

3 comments:

  1. I make the sweet potato fries with pumkin pie seasoning...just sprinkle in and toss w/ olive oil....you can try "broil" versus bake to have more crispy fries at the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the last 5 or 10 minutes of baking I put my oven on convection. . . Sorry I forgot to tell you that! Like Roxy said Broil would work too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something for you on my blog

    ReplyDelete