Saturday, May 30, 2009

Must Blog Quickly!

I wanted to post a couple of new recipes while Seth was napping today, but spent too much time reading other blogs and now he is up and at 'em. Soooo, here you go - both of these recipes can use the purple puree as made by the Sneaky Chef.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes

These pancakes are super easy and Seth loves them. I have to admit that they are a little too rich for my taste buds. I usually make a double batch so that I can freeze them and have a quick breakfast. These are also tasty treats or snacks for a lunch box. Just put the frozen pancake in and when it is time to eat they should be thawed.

Blueberry Oatmeal Bars

I love, love, love this recipe. I adapted it from the cookbook Deceptively Delicious. I really like this as a snack on the go. I have made this recipe before travelling. I cut them into bars and place in snack bags and then it is ready to eat in portion sized servings. These are also great to share-I have made these for a friend who just had her second child and one who is pregnant with her fourth boy as a healthy and filling snack that they can grab and know they are getting a filling and nutritious boost. I love to have these for lunch with a carton of yogurt. Yummy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment