Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tasty Chicken Tenders

Do your kids like chicken tenders? Mine certainly does and so do I, honestly, and so does my husband. It's chicken, right? Gotta be nutritious. Well, if you are buying the store brands it may be chicken and it is probably not that nutritious. I combined a Sneaky Chef and Deceptively Delicious (shhhh, don't tell anyone!) recipe to get these delicious and nutritious chicken tenders that we ALL love!!!!

I use an orange puree to dredge these in, but you good use green as well. They are breaded with Better Breading: wheat germ, whole wheat bread crumbs and ground almonds (add more wheat germ if you have a nut allergy in your home).

What I really like about this recipe is that if you start with FRESH chicken tenders not frozen, then you can lay these out on waxed paper and freeze before you bake them. Then wrap in waxed paper and place in freezer safe container or bag until you are ready to cook. Then just cook as directed. My friend Karyn baked hers in the oven after they were frozen and enjoyed them this way as well.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment