Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I did some investigating!

I did some investigating today while I was at Schnuck's (here in Evansville) about prices and locations of wheat germ. In an earlier post I showed you pictures to find wheat germ, well evidently there is another location in the store in the cereal isle near the oatmeal. The picture I showed is Bob's Red Mill which was 16 ounces for $2.99. In the cereal isle, you can find Kretzschmer's "toasted" wheat germ which was 12 ounces for $4.97. Also in the cereal isle, Hodgson Mill makes an untoasted wheat germ which was 12 ounces for $2.09.

What's the difference between toasted and untoasted wheat germ? Toasted wheat germ is just that and it has a nuttier, richer flavor than untoasted wheat germ.

So, shop wisely and informed!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. great info...I know that when I bought the Kretzschemer it was on sell...and I like the "nuttyness" of flavor.
    Mabye next time I'll try the untoasted flavor for when I need to "hide" it more.

    ReplyDelete